C.R. Daily Furniture and Undertaker
This business was located on the Tuscarawas River south of Market (Liberty) Street East of the granary. C.R. Daily was the principal owner and had his morgue for the undertaking business on the West side of the first floor and the balance of the first floor was used at various times as a garage and storage space. In the basement was a bowling hall. The furniture and undertaking business was established by 1896, when an advertisement noted that C.R. Daily was a dealer in furniture, wall paper, baby carriages, carpet and lace curtains, framing done to order at lowest prices, and undertaking up to date. The business would later be sold in 1902 to the Finefrock brothers, who reorganized the business as Finefrock Furniture Store.
Undated photo of C.R. Daily Furniture and Undertaker at 139 Canal St N, where Sewing & Specialties By Karen is currently.